Gurkha International Manpower Services Limited
GIMS was founded in 1995 to find work for Gurkhas and other Nepalese personnel resident in Nepal, primarily as crew for the international cruise industry. GIMS was the first company to send Nepalese men and women to sea and remains the foremost agency providing seafarers from Nepal.
GIMS also recruits Security Guards and other staff from Nepal for land-based employment, such as casino staff for Macau and camp staff for isolated or dangerous areas of the world.
The Company operates exclusively outside Hong Kong and manages all the Group's operations outside the territory of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
The Company works solely through a number of reputable licensed agencies in the countries from which it recruits:
- British Gurkha Overseas Services (Private) Limited of Nepal.
- Service sources in India.
- Talisman Crew Manning Limited Myanmar.
- Human Power Service Company Limited of Myanmar.
All the agencies with whom GIMS has contractual relations satisfy the requirements of the Maritime Labour Convention 2006.
- Ship Security Guards, both male and female.
- Hospitality Department stewards, restaurant, kitchen, bar and cleaning personnel.
- Administrative personnel for Pursers Department and offices.
- Casino staff.